Monday, April 14, 2008

Custom RV mods in Venice, California

Every once in awhile, I find myself with a hankering to go out on the open road. And every time, I find myself not owning a Winnebago. So when the two of those coincide, I usually just take whatever old automobile I have and custom mod a RV trailer right onto the back. Like these guys did. Both of these are from Venice, California, where an RV lifestyle prevails on the streets and beaches.

Points to the Winnebuggo for putting aluminum siding on a Volkswagon. It's like a beautiful Frankenstein trailer staggering out of the '70s. Note the one eyelid on the headlights, giving the impression that this guy's winking whenever he drives by. Or, drunk.




The bike RV has the marks of a master craftsman on it. Very tight detailing, from the construction right down to the flames and "It's HELL without JESUS" emblazoned on the back. Near the front door it reads, "Hand made by David Castillo" (click on the photo for detail). Extra points for the exposed engine — oh, and for turning a motorcycle into a full-blown RV.




I'm trying to make up my mind what I should turn into an RV next. I'm thinking maybe a snowmobile, or my skateboard. Really, it's just a matter of how big you can think. Maybe some rollerblades? Hopefully this will be an ongoing series.
Blogged with the Flock Browser

2 comments:

Cameron L. Martindell said...

Nice. I'll stick with my very roomy 30' travel trailer though... Rob, if you're itchin' to hit the road, I've got a bunk for ya! I'm in Fayetteville, AR at the moment... check my blog. Ciao!

"Psycho" Billy Cadillac said...

The VW is not a modded Travel Trailer. Actually, these were manufactured briefly by a few companies under the name bugaboo or minihome... About 8 or 9 years I purchased plans to build one of these from a website... The website owns all rights to these plans, so if you wish to inquire as to where to purchase these plans or if you want more info on these unique campers, email me at cadillachoopty@yahoo.com