Friday, August 25, 2006

My worst selling song on iTunes. Inexplicable.

"Break Out the Mashed Potato" is my worst-selling song online off the album Hypocrisy in the Genius Room, and I can't seem to explain why. Maybe because no one can make sense of the imperative, "break out the mashed potato." But it shall be redeemed as such, and it shall be redeemed for free.

If you follow the link below, you can first listen to the song, then download a hi-res mp3 of it. I think you'll agree, this should be the best-selling song of the year, not the worst-selling song on the album.

Download "Break Out the Mashed Potato" free:
http://mp3postcards.com/listen?1502

You can also read the lyics here and listen to the other songs on iTunes.

If I do say so myself, this is a good song. It's got a good mix of distorted and acoustic guitars. Kirk Hoffman plays some hard-hit drums on it. And it says, "Invite the crips." I challenge you to find another song that invites the crips.

Next week, I'll let you check out the best-selling song off the album. In fact, I'll send the first person to guess what it is a copy of the album*. Post your guesses in the comments.



*provided I haven't already told you, or you cheat or something.

No comments: