Sunday, February 10, 2008

New album Tuesday: "For Mature Audiences Only"

Okay team, for awhile I've been dropping hints about a new concept album coming up, and the proud day has arrived when I can offer you: an album for and about senior citizens.

I know what you're thinking, "But how can I get a copy of this if I'm not a senior citizen?" Fear not, we aren't discriminating against who can buy the album, nor against who can enjoy the album. But it was commissioned by a senior citizen, Executive Producer Judith McKelvey, and her intent was to make some quality tunes for the baby boom. (Aside from Beyoncé.)

My new album, "For Mature Audiences Only" is released February 12. It was recorded by Emmy-winner Jerome Maffeo in Baltimore and mixed by Grammy-winner Dan Gellert in LA. It features my friends Janessa Gans on violin and vocals, Suzanne Waters on vocals, Miles Decastro on sax, Christian Valiente on bass, and Jerome Maffeo on drums. I play a few instruments, including banjo and kazoo. The hardcopy booklet insert also features 12 pages of lyrics in fashionable period graphic design.

As this is my first project composed and produced on someone else's dime, I'd love it if you picked up a copy. It's a pure concept album, and you can listen to the whole album at iTunes, Last.fm or CD Baby, read lyrics and linear notes at my website, or buy a hardcopy from me with Paypal by clicking on the image below:




1 comment:

Unknown said...

'period graphic design,' i love it!

the adobe creative suite is the closest thing we have to a time machine.

do you have scans of the insert book anywhere?